1. Neighborhood knowledge. With the presence of the internet we find clients much more educated when it comes to real estate information. A buyer or seller that knows more than their agent will begin to think “Why do I need you?”
2. Good Communication. Most buyers and sellers regardless of how new or seasoned they are to real estate always like to be updated as to what is happening. With technology today it is so easy to send a text or take a few minutes to write and email. If all else fails pick up the phone and call.
3. Doing what is Right for them. There are times where agents do things that benefit them instead of the client. Remember as licensed agents we have a fiduciary responsibility to our clients.
4. Listen and Understand your Client. There are times where clients say one thing and mean something else. Asking more questions can clarify what they are trying to say.
5. Honesty in everything you do. While it may not be what your clients want to hear at first, honestly is the best policy. Most clients agree while hearing bad news isn’t fun, knowing the truth can help them determine their next steps.
Regardless if you are a new or seasoned agent, follow these rules and you will be successful.